Tarot card reading used for divination have origins far back into the mists of time. The word “Tarot” comes from the Italian phrase Tarocchi, which means ‘triumphs’ or ‘trumps.’They were first used as a card game and had four decks, and first and foremost had to do with the triumphs of military leaders.
Eventually, the card game was introduced to divination readings and today is a significant part of many occult traditions, including Freemasonry, Wicca, Witchcraft.
Steps For How To Do An Online Tarot Reading At Home
The Tarot is a deck of cards that can be used to tell the future or at least predict your day. It’s been around for centuries and has roots in many different cultures. The Tarot deck consists of 78 cards, each with its own meaning and story. In this article, we’ll take a look at how you can do the best tarot reading online! Let’s get started!
The first thing you need to do when doing a tarot reading is shuffling the deck well so that all of the cards are mixed up evenly. Make sure it’s not just one pile shuffling into another. You want them to mix together as much as possible. After shuffling, cut the deck into three piles. Put one pile on the left, middle and right of your reading area.
Then you’ll want to draw some cards and lay them out in a specific pattern:
1. Draw one card from the pile on the left and place it in front of you. This is your signifier. The signifier is the card that represents you, so it must be selected first. The signifier will stay in front of you throughout the reading, but if at any point you feel like someone else (such as a spirit or your higher self) is guiding the cards, then put that card down instead.
2. Draw one card from the pile on the right and place it to the left of your signifier. This card represents an event that’s currently happening in your life.
3. Draw one card from the middle pile and place it to the right of your signifier. This is what you need to know about this event; hints, clues or answers that will help you get through this time.
4. Draw one card from the pile on the left and place it below your signifier. This is a recent event that happened to lead you up to this point in your life.
5. Draw one card from the middle pile and place it above your signifier. This is a future event related to everything above, a culmination of the past and present that will lead into a new future.
6. Draw one card from the pile on the right and place it to the left of your signifier again, as it’s still in play. This is what you need to know about yourself things you can do to move forward in a positive way.
7. Draw one card from the middle pile and place it to the right of your signifier. This is what you should avoid, things that will block your progress or even take you backward.
That’s all there is to it! These are just general guidelines that can be followed, but if at any time during your reading you see something that might mean something other than what the card says, feel free to discard it and draw a new one.
With so many cards, there’s plenty of room for variation in how your reading can go. Add more piles if you want; this is just a good foundation that works well for most situations. If you’re not sure about something or want a second opinion, feel free to throw a question out there for the cards.
Also, if you don’t want to work with a signifier, then just skip that step and go from drawing one card from each pile instead of two. It’s completely up to you! Finally, after your reading is done, re-shuffle your deck and put it away somewhere safe. Now you’ll always have a reading ready to do whenever you need it!
Benefits of doing free tarot reading at home
Tarot readings are a great way to get answers, guidance, and clarity on any situation. It’s less intimidating than going to a psychic or Tarot reader in person. You can do it at your own pace – there is no pressure.
There are tons of online resources for how to read tarot cards, so you never have to worry about not understanding how to do it. Tarot readings don’t require you to leave the house! Most importantly, a tarot reading is usually cheaper than visiting an in-person psychic or Tarot reader!
- The first benefit is that you can do a tarot reading at home free!
- When you do your own readings, you are able to choose whether or not to look into the future or other aspects of your life.
- You don’t have to follow any specific rules for doing a tarot reading online. This allows for an extremely personal experience between you and your cards.
- It is a great way to learn more about yourself and find answers to questions that you may not feel comfortable asking someone else or where you would like a second opinion.
- Tarot readings are a great way to get answers, guidance, and clarity on any situation.
- It’s less intimidating than going to a psychic or Tarot reader in person
- You can do it at your own pace – there is no pressure
- There are tons of online resources for how to read tarot cards
- Tarot readings don’t require you to leave the house!
- Most importantly, tarot reading is usually cheaper than visiting an in-person psychic or Tarot reader!